Steven L. Jones
- office: 770.223.6230
- Donna Massey
- Regulated Industries
- Local Government Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2016
- B.B.A., University of Georgia, 2012
Bar & Court Admissions:
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
Steven, a native of the Southside of Atlanta, grew up in McDonough, Georgia where he graduated from Eagles Landing High School after dual enrolling at Clayton State University his senior year. In 2012, Steven graduated from the University of Georgia where he received a B.B.A. in Marketing with an Emphasis in Professional Sales. Thereafter, in 2016, he attended Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law graduating magna cum laude (6/162). During his time at Mercer Law he was a member of the Mercer Law Review and the Mercer Advocacy Council, worked as Professor Dwight Davis’s Research Assistant and a Student Mentor, was a competitor for (2015) and coach of (2016) Mercer’s Intrastate Moot Court Team, received the Faculty Legal Writing Award, the CALI Award of Excellence, was on the Dean’s list every semester and served for two (2) years as the treasurer of Phi Delta Phi, a national legal honor society. Upon graduation, he was inducted into the Brainerd Currie Honor Society.
Steven and his wife, Whitney were married in 2015. They and their son, Walker L. Jones (June 2016) live in Lake Spivey, Georgia, Whitney’s hometown. They are expecting another child in August of 2018. They enjoy traveling with family, especially to the beaches of Saint Simons Island, Georgia. Steven is a member of the Spalding + Griffin Leadership Class of 2017.
- Custodial Collies of Transparency – The Competitive Advantage of Protecting Investing Lamm[bs] from Advising Wolves: Lamm v. State Street Bank & Trust, 64 Mercer L. Rev. 1119 (2015).
- Zoning and Land Use Law, 69 Mercer L. Rev. (forthcoming Winter 2018)